Holiday Recipes from Fairmont Chateau Whistler
‘Tis the season for twinkle lights, cozy cooking and a few festive flavours to enjoy around the table! We don’t know about you, but the upcoming holidays have us craving some delicious, home-cooked classics. Executive Chef, Isabel Chung, and her culinary team at The Chalet have shared their signature savoury fondue recipe – the perfect combination of comfort and cozy for a quiet night in!
Follow these simple steps to create the perfect fondue dinner at home!
Chateau Whistler Cheese Fondue
- 350 ml White wine
- 150 g Emmenthal cheese
- 150 g Gruyere cheese
- 75 ml Kirsh (cherry liquor)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Nutmeg, salt & pepper to taste
Let’s get started!
- Mix cornstarch with the kirsh and put aside.
- In a fondue pot bring the white wine up to a boil and whisk in the cheeses until melted and incorporated.
- Add about half of the slurry of Kirsh and cornstarch (this will thicken and stabilize the mixture), bring just to a boil and remove from the heat. Tip: If the mixture is still too thin you can add some more of the slurry to thicken more, or if too thick you can thin it with a little more white wine.
- When consistency is correct, season to taste with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Don’t forget a dash of vino! This delicious fondue recipe pairs perfectly with a glass of Roche Wine’s Traditional Pinot Gris. Bon appetite!
If you’re around Whistler for the holiday season, let us do the cooking for you! Pop by The Chalet for a magical evening filled with twinkle lights, a crackling log fire and a delicious assortment of sweet and savoury fondues. And for dessert – a taste for the infamous Chalet Schnapps Wagon!
Looking to try a few more holiday recipes? Learn more about our holiday favourites below!
If you’re looking for more inspiration, check out Slopeside Stories to learn more about Whistler’s most exciting activities, adventure, dining and more!