Festive Fondue Recipe
Holiday Recipes from Fairmont Chateau Whistler
‘Tis the season for twinkle lights, cozy cooking and a few festive flavours to enjoy around the table! We don’t know about you, but the upcoming holidays have us craving some delicious, home-cooked classics. Executive Chef, Isabel Chung, and her culinary team at The Chalet have shared their signature savoury fondue recipe – the perfect combination of comfort and cozy for a quiet night in!
Follow these simple steps to create the perfect fondue dinner at home!
Chateau Whistler Cheese Fondue
- 350 ml White wine
- 150 g Emmenthal cheese
- 150 g Gruyere cheese
- 75 ml Kirsh (cherry liquor)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Nutmeg, salt & pepper to taste
Let’s get started!
- Mix cornstarch with the kirsh and put aside.
- In a fondue pot bring the white wine up to a boil and whisk in the cheeses until melted and incorporated.
- Add about half of the slurry of Kirsh and cornstarch (this will thicken and stabilize the mixture), bring just to a boil and remove from the heat. Tip: If the mixture is still too thin you can add some more of the slurry to thicken more, or if too thick you can thin it with a little more white wine.
- When consistency is correct, season to taste with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Don’t forget a dash of vino! This delicious fondue recipe pairs perfectly with a glass of Roche Wine’s Traditional Pinot Gris. Bon appetite!
If you’re around Whistler for the holiday season, let us do the cooking for you! Pop by The Chalet for a magical evening filled with twinkle lights, a crackling log fire and a delicious assortment of sweet and savoury fondues. And for dessert – a taste for the infamous Chalet Schnapps Wagon!
If you’re looking for more inspiration, check out Slopeside Stories to learn more about Whistler’s most exciting activities, adventure, dining and more!