Pet-friendly Vacations in Whistler
Welcome furry friends!
At Fairmont Chateau Whistler, we know that your pets are truly part of the family! That’s why we welcome you and your special, tail-wagging companions to beautiful Whistler with open paws! Whistler’s wide-open spaces and mountain adventures are truly a pooches’ paradise, and we’ve got everything you need to plan your pet-friendly trip to Whistler.
If there is anything we can do to enhance your stay with us, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Let the adventure begin!
PLAN YOUR PET-FRIENDLY STAY WITH US
When you stay with your pet at Fairmont Chateau Whistler, upon check-in to your room you will receive the Comfort Pet Amenity. It includes a comfy dog bed, water/food bowl, and a selection of FirstMate kibble*.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- A charge of $50.00 per night plus taxes (to a maximum of $100) applies to all pets and will be added to your guestroom for deep-cleaning services.
- A $75 removal fee will be applied to your guest room should your dog be removed due to excessive noise.
- Due to health regulations pets are not allowed in any of the hotel restaurants, on the Health Club pool deck, or in the Fairmont Gold Lounge.
- Guests are liable for any damages and or repairs other than normal wear and tear that may occur. Any noise complaints that result in refunds to other guests will be charged to the guest room with the pet.
- The Resort Municipality of Whistler bylaws requires that dogs must be leashed throughout the Village. Off-leash areas are available and we ask you to be mindful of the resident wildlife (including bear, deer, and coyotes).
- Additional supplies, such as baggies, dog beds, etc., are available through Royal Service by dialing ‘0’.
*FirstMate Pet Foods is ‘Fur’-mont Chateau Whistler’s family sponsor offering premium dog and cat food. With over 30 years of manufacturing excellence, FirstMate never outsources quality and proudly makes all of their products in British Columbia, Canada.
PET-FRIENDLY ADVENTURE SPOTS IN WHISTLER
dog-friendly parks & Beaches
There are parks in Whistler that are great for off leash play between 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Dogs are required to stay off the sandy beaches and their owners are required to pick up after their dogs.
OFF-LEASH PLAY AREAS
• Rainbow Park
• Bayley Park
• Alpha Lake Park
• Meadow Park
• Spruce Grove and Meadow Park Ball Fields (designated areas when fields is not in use).
canine cove & barking bay
Both Lost Lake and Rainbow Park have areas where dogs are welcome 24/7 to swim, dig and fetch with their fellow canines.
Explore the area, all starting just steps from the front door of the Chateau.
MORE HELPFUL INFORMATION
WHISTLER HAPPY PETS
A locally-owned pet food and supply store. Products range from dog beds, holistic food, treats and toys.
Located in Function Junction
T 604 962 2992
COAST MOUNTAIN VETERINARY
Full service facility providing complete medical, dental, and surgical care. Open Monday to Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (After hours the line is forwarded to the Emergency Clinic)
Located in Whistler’s Creekside
T 604 932 3050
LOST & FOUND
If you have lost or found a pet please contact:
Resort Municipality of Whistler Bylaw Services
T 604 935 8280
Whistler Animals Galore
T 604 935 8364
MEET OUR CANINE AMBASSADOR, ALTA!
Alta is a black Labrador, and arguably the most popular team member of Fairmont Chateau Whistler! Her days are spent exploring scenic trails with our Whistler Experience Guides and adventure-seeking guests. During her downtime Alta can be found roaming The Chateau, greeting guests and colleagues alike. Alta was trained by Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind and is proudly owned by Executive Chef Isabel Chung.
Join Alta on adventures with our Whistler Experience Guides
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT PLANNING YOUR PET-FRIENDLY STAY WITH US?
Create your most memorable vacation with Whistler vacation planning ideas and reservation assistance from our Fairmont Concierge team.
Please e-mail CWR.Concierge@fairmont.com or call +1 604 938 2006 for personal assistance.