Your safety is our top priority.
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club will be open for another incredible season starting on May 29, 2020. Please take a moment to review these important 2020 Safety Guidelines.
A MESSAGE FROM OUR DIRECTOR OF GOLF:
The following guidelines have been created to assist guests in preparing for and playing golf during Phase I of opening the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Course during COVID-19. The guidelines are based on the direction provided by the Allied Golf Association of BC, consistent with the overall resort and best practices from other clubs.
This document will be reviewed on an ongoing basis as new Phases are released and guidelines are relaxed or tightened. We appreciate not every regulation will be popular. Be assured the choices are a result of an extensive review and planning process and have taken into consideration the health and safety of members, guests, and staff.
We appreciate your support in adhering to the guidelines and helping us keep the game and our facility safe during the 2020 golfing season.
If you have any questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Director of Golf, Fairmont Chateau Whistler
If you have COVID-19, COVID-19 symptoms, are self-isolating, or have travelled outside Canada in the last 14-days you will not be permitted at the facility.
All golfers will be asked to:
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer as necessary
- Practice social distancing (6 feet) between you and others at all times
- Respect the signs and instructions of staff at the facility
Booking a tee-time in advance is compulsory. Please use one of the 3 methods below:
- Book online through the Fairmont Chateau Whistler website
- Book through our app
- Book by phone by calling 604-938-2092
All players must be properly recorded on the tee sheet to enable contact tracing if necessary.
Arrival & Pre-Round
- Access to the course is limited to staff, club members, and guests with pre-booked tee-times or lessons.
- Arrive at the course no earlier than 20 minutes prior to your reserved time
- Greeters will direct and guide guests to park in the front loop.
- All guests must check-in upon arrival. A greeter will then perform a screening check comprising of a non-invasive temperature check (must be under 100.4 F) and a short questionnaire.
- Golfers are encouraged to arrive ready in their golf attire.
- The washrooms in the Clubhouse and on-course are open. Ensure to sanitize hands before and after the use of washrooms.
- Water bottles will be provided at the course. No water refill stations available on course.
- Golfers wishing to use the Practice Facility are to arrive 1 hour prior to their tee time, will be shuttled to the Practice Facility, and returned to the clubhouse via shuttle 20 minutes prior to their tee time.
- People wishing to warm-up prior to their round may use the hitting nets at the clubhouse 20 minutes prior to their tee time. Please use your own balls.
- The supervisor will direct groups to the first tee 5 minutes before their tee time. Guests are expected to be ready to go to the tee at that time.
Check-in and Retail Shop
- Members do not need to check-in inside the pro shop upon arrival. They must have their temperature checked by greeter then may proceed to the back deck.
- A maximum of 4 guests will be permitted in the Retail shop and must practice physical distancing at all times.
- People interested in purchasing products from the Retail shop will be permitted to try it on, however, we do ask our guests to sanitize their hands prior to handling any product.
- Items tried on will be placed in a 48-hour quarantine box to ensure sanitation.
Golf Carts and Provisions
- Golf cart rentals must be used by one individual only unless being shared by members of the same household.
- Golf carts will be cleaned and sanitized after every use
- Packages with scorecard, tees, and pencil available for guests upon request.
- Each cart will have a bunker rake provided to be used throughout the round and returned to The Clubhouse after each round for sanitizing. No bunker rakes will be on course.
- Each cart will have sand and seed bottles to be used throughout the round and sanitized afterward. No sand and seed refills on course.
- One golf towel per golfer provided on the cart. Towels are washed after each use.
- Electronic GPS scoring is encouraged as well as scoring through our app. GPS screens will be disinfected after each round.
- The practice facility will be open 10:00 am – 5:00 pm daily.
- People wishing to use the practice facility exclusive of a tee time may do so for a maximum of 45 minutes.
- People must line up at the main entrance to the practice facility and an attendant will escort you to your mat with golf balls to use. Please follow the directions for exiting.
- Every second mat has been removed to create a 6-foot gap between mats. Golfers are encouraged to use their own tees on the mats.
- Mats and dividers will be cleaned and sanitized once during the day and once after close at night
- Golf Balls will be washed with soap and disinfectant before being put back into use
- All practice greens will be open. Maximum 4 persons on any putting green at a time. Maximum 2 people using the practice chipping or bunker greens at a time. Golfers must use their own balls when practicing at any of the practice greens.
On the Course
- Physical distancing must be observed throughout play with special attention paid at tees and greens and with other groups ahead and behind you.
- There are no water stations on course.
- On-course washrooms available during play.
- Flagsticks are to remain in the hole and must not be touched. A device has been put on each flagstick to allow easy removal of your ball using your putter.
- Any person who has a second-round booked will proceed to the supervisor on the back deck following completion of their first-round for direction on what to do prior to their second round.
- If there will be a delay before their second tee time, the cart will be parked in a designated area until their tee time arrives.
- Persons should depart the course within 20 minutes of completing play.
Rental Clubs are available for use. They cannot be shared and will be disinfected after each use.
Food & Beverage
The Clubhouse restaurant is open for takeaway only. Food and beverage are also available at the Bearhouse after holes #5 & 14. Please ensure to sanitize hands before and after visiting the Bearhouse.
Thank you in advance for observing these important safety guidelines. To learn more about the extensive measures we are taking to safeguard, protect and care for our valued guests and employees, visit ALLStayWell.com.
To book your tee time of spectacular round of mountain golf, click here.
For golf packages and offers, please click here.